Sunday, May 28, 2017

Vacation reading...the 4 Hour Work Week

One of my greatest pleasures when I'm on vacation is reading. Simply reading. Reading in peace without my work phone going off, without falling asleep on my book as the sea rocks me to sleep five minutes deep into a read.  Just simple reading preferably in my back yard where I can hear birds chirping and accompanied by a strong coffee or a chilled sauvignon blanc (depending on the time of day).

This book was given to me by my bestie ions ago but I just picked it up now.  Now I admit I do not have a conventional life and many would kill to be in my shoes. I definitely work more than 4 hours a week but I do have the benefits of seeing the world whilst I work. But there comes a time and a place for change.

People often ask me (as I ask myself as well) what I will do after ships. I worked a 9 to 5 when I was straight out of college and I hated it then at 23. Never mind now after living out of a suitcase for 11 years.  I have come to the conclusion that I must simply just work for myself.  At this point in my life I can not be caged in a traditional job. After so many years as the big boss I don't think I will respond well to having someone tell me what to do either.  Either way you look at it, working for someone else will never make you rich, you will make THEM rich.

This book gave me many ideas. Some I might be able to look into now and some later but I have realized that whatever I desire is possible. I don't need to work a traditional job or any job for that matter if I play it smart. I can and I will achieve all that I want. Now all I need to do is take the next step.

So if you are looking to free yourself from the prison of 9 to 5 and live the life you've dreamed of, read this book. It will teach you how to break the mold and automate your income so that you can enjoy your life more NOW and not later when you retire.  Do what you love now and today.

Retirement at 37 sounds amazing doesn't it?

No comments: