Monday, April 13, 2015

I've been bad.....

I've been a bad blogger. I didn't blog about my 2nd last contract, I didn't blog about my wonderful trip to Brazil and now I am back from another contract.

I promise I will write (eventually) about everything.

This contract has been a challenging one. When you listen to people's problems all day and your main job is conflict resolution, it can become very taxing. More so when you deal with 1200 people from 60 different countries. For the first time in my 9 year career I was not able to separate myself from the negativity. I wasn't able to leave the problems in my office and i took them to the cabin. It became harder and harder to keep my positive and optimistic attitude. Marathon runner and weightlifter I lost my zest for fitness and slowly became lazy and demotivated. This contract was full of emotions that I am not used to experiencing. With some faith and guidance from my good friends from my 'hippie gang' I bounced back a bit but I still don't feel like myself. I came home on Thursday and set foot in the gym for the first time in 8 weeks. I know that may not sound like a long time but for me it is, gym is my therapy and my psychiatrist. If you deal with what i deal with on a daily basis, you need an escape and the gym has always been that for me. I have a 10K to run in a month and an obstacle course to run in 7 weeks, I need to do this for my mental health and there's no better for me then to dive in the deep end.

This vacation I will be off for 3 months. But unlike most vacations when I go off to explore the world, I will be embarking on a different adventure. My grandma in Poland is gravely ill and my Mom needs to go there to take care of her. That means I have to stay here and take care of the house and my beautiful 8 year old niece. So I will be a house wife this time around. I don't know how to cook nor am I great at cleaning. For the last 9 years I've had someone serve me food, clean my cabin and do my laundry so this is something very new and slightly frightening for me. Mom tried to teach me how to cook in 3 days. Good thing I am trained in fire fighting so I can put out any fire I start. Other then that, I hope Dad is happy with chicken and vegetables for the next 3 months or he can go eat out.

So instead of photos of exotic locations and beautiful places, you'll be getting photos of my culinary experimentation.

Wish me luck, I just became a Mom overnight.

No comments: