Saturday, May 14, 2016

Distraction

My Dad is out of the hospital now and recovering at home. I am so relieved. But it was so difficult to be here not knowing what is happening back home. I tried to stay as positive as I could but my mind was wondering too much. The only way I could distract myself was to go out in port.  I visited some friends in San Juan, Puerto Rico and went to a resort in Curacao.  I also threw myself into work, a little too much I think and co-created the Oscars.  At the end of it all I got sick and felt pretty bad but that's a whole other post on its own.

I also celebrated my 10 year anniversary at sea. I can't believe it's been 10 years already!!!  My team was so sweet and they threw me a surprise party. I also accepted the 10 year pin from my favorite Captain. I feel so accomplished!

Here are some shots from San Juan, PR:





my favorite: mofongo

with my Puerto Rican family
 I also spent the day decomposing in beautiful Curacao. What a pretty little Dutch island:

















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well you never lost the faith that you dad will be ok you know he is strong man like you, God support you all to get through that hard situation, God bless your dad and God bless you all , ������