Saturday, April 28, 2018

This city.....

This city....it's just so full of life and colour and expression.  Busy and bustling with opportunity, tolerance and acceptance.

I am still in shock what happened here earlier this week. These things are not supposed to happen here. I have always felt so safe here, it is after all my home even if I am not here all the time. The van incident made my head spin for several days, took a lot of meditating to bring myself back down. The age old question of 'What is the world coming to?' kept creeping up.

But I can tell  you that I am very proud of how we as a community and as a country responded to the incident. It shows that even in our darkest hour we still standby our values of compassion and kindness which simply amazed me.

Oh Canada!


No comments: