Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Contract Number 13, 9th year in the Caribbean -- Part 1

Things happened so fast and my contract was over before I even knew it. I was at home for a few day and didn't get a chance to catch y'all up before I took off to Poland. Imma do my best to do that now.

This contract I was a lot more social. Spend some time making new friends and building and strengthening old friendships. Managed to see a few more new places and revisit some good old favorite spots.

One new one was Altos de Chavon in La Romana, Dominican Republic. It's a cute little place fashioned after an old town.














Like I mentioned, I rekindled old friendships and made new ones.  I have always said and always will, the best thing about ships are the people. Here's a shot of my favorite ladies and I on a crew party night.

Isn't this a gorgeous photo?



I have to say that I had a very hard working team this contract. These guys work around the clock to make everyone happy and sometimes it was impossible to get them to take a break. We did have some fun though and I managed to sneak everyone out for a beach date.  Kind of hard to do so as one of us always has to stay on the ship in case of emergency.

HR at the beach in Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos

One of the things that us seafarers have that land folks don't have is the abundance of themed parties and I just LOVED getting into the themes.  This one was Bollywood and I ordered a Saree and had one of the Indian ladies help me out. My makeup took me forever but I absolutely loved the effect when it was all done.






Courtesy of our wonderful Shore Excursion department, we also do crew tours from time to time. This time they took us to Gibbs Bay in Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos. Just gorgeous!




















And who can forget Halloween, my favorite holiday. The best holidays to be on the ship is Halloween and New Years, the best parties ever!  And of course we went all out.













 End of Part 1.....more to come soon.....

No comments: