Thursday, May 21, 2015

Shanaynay and Ottawa

 One of the best things about working on ships is the friendships that you make. Some of these friends you bump into all the time and some of them you never see again but you keep in touch through emails, facebook etc.  I am still friends with my first roommate and bestie from 2006.  I've seen my former roomie twice since then and never got to see our South African bestie again but we keep in touch all the time.

One of my first friends ever on ships was Kalyn. I met her in 2006 and then she got transferred to my next ship the following contract and we've been joined at the hip ever since. She has retired from ships 5 years ago and has gotten married since. I got to take a work break for her wedding but haven't seen her since. I made the trip out to Ottawa to hang with her. It was so incredible to see her so happy and to see her in her new role as a wife and Mother and how well it suited her.

Ships will come and go but our friendship will outlast time. Love you Shanaynay!


Kaly, Olga and I in St Thomas in 2007

Kalyn's wedding



Kalyn and I NOW














No comments: