Wednesday, September 09, 2015

2 months in....

I know  I promised to keep y'all updated but it's not so easy.  The internet is not so cheap and not always reliable and when I go out in port I would rather enjoy time out then search for wifi.

Like I said, this contract has been a positive one. New friends and old friends and a great team and I feel alive again. Let me share some photos with y'all.

Upon flying to Miami I of course had to make my way to Lincoln Road and hang out with 2 of m favorite Miami people, old friends who also used to work for the same company as myself. We ended up taking a late night dip in the pool as we watched lightning in the distance.



The next day I hopped on the bus for the 45 minutes ride to Fort Lauderdale. Stepping on my ship I felt so welcome, felt like home. I was getting love and hugs from everyone and I truly felt so special and lucky.  The stress of my tough and emotional vacation just melted right off.



I think us Seafarers fall so deep in love with the sea that we can never leave her. Watching the sea through my port hole or going for a morning run on the jogging track brings me such peace.  I mean, just look at these photos.









There is no doubt that one of the best perks of being a seafarer is being able to see beautiful ports of call.  Curacao has become a favorite, its so colourful and charasmatic. Lovely place for hanging out at resorts and watching the sunset as you enjoy dinner and some wine with friends.











A good old favorite of course is St. Maarten. Love this island, always have. I celebrated my first ship birthday there 9 years ago.






Aside from shore fun, we also have fun on the ship although I don't attend all the crew parties as my work schedule is too demanding. Here's a few from our Uniform Swap Party.






BUT believe it or not I do actually work. Haha I won't put up photos of my many meetings and things but i will share with you a few photos of our Social Duties.  





No comments: